El Dr. Jesús Delgado Calle nos facilita esta interesante oportunidad postdoctoral en su laboratorio de la Universidad de Arkansas, en Estados Unidos:
A Post-Doctoral Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Jesus Delgado-Calle at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics (https://physiology.uams.edu/) to study the mechanisms by which cancer cells alter the biology of other cells in the tumor/bone marrow microenvironment, in particular osteocytes.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Use in vitro and ex vivo approaches using primary cells and established cell lines.
- Generate genetically modified mice by traditional breeding strategies.
- Perform in vivo studies in established mouse models of cancer and bone disease.
- Involved in manuscript and grant proposal preparation.
- Train graduate students/ technicians.
- Perform other duties as assign.
Ph.D. in health sciences or related field required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work closely with various animal specimens.
- Experience in wet lab research.
- Demonstrated previous experience in conducting in vivo research in mouse models.
- Strong communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Possesses trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team with individuals from diverse backgrounds and collaborate with colleagues in various departments.
- Experience in bone and/or cancer biology.
- Demonstrated previous experience in mouse handling and cell culture is preferred (at least 6 months).
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
MÁS INFORMACIÓN Y PRESENTACIÓN DE CANDIDATURAS:
CONTACTO CON EL DR. JESÚS DELGADO CALLE: JDelgadocalle@uams.edu